Friday, July 24, 2009

WE LOVE THE ZOO!! :)

This morning Miss M and I went to the zoo with my brother Ben and my sister Laura's girls. Miss M was as uncooperative in front of a camera as ever (I really need a faster camera to get better shots at a smile from her :), Ben was cooperative on his own terms (he refused to take a group picture), and as always, my sister's girls were very fun to shoot (with a camera of course!!). We had a great time feeding Budgies today. Mckenna was content to watch everyone else feed them. She would not go near the birds for a picture.

We went early, well, I think 10 a.m. is early, just so we could try to catch the polar bears in action, but alas, the polar bears are active at 9-9:30ish a.m. The only one on exhibit today was sleeping on a rock when we got there. Next time!! We did catch the walruses while they were being fed! Besides the Budgies, I think that was the animal highlight of our trip. I love having a zoo membership - no pressure to do/see it all in one day!! :)

We came home for lunch and now the girls are playing happily upstairs in Miss M's room. Ben wanted to go home right after the trip - He ended up not being very happy with me at the end of our trip; true signs we are siblings despite our age difference!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: